After a year and a half with my nose stuffed in a book or up against my laptop screen writing papers, I have been feeling a void of creativity and begun looking for some projects . Yesterday, I helped a friend make 12 informal centerpieces for her mom's big birthday party tonight. Our budget was $0 and we came in right on the dot! I scavenged the greens from my in-laws' garden (which I'm really hoping is OK since they will read this while away enjoying their vacation!), the hydrangeas from my garden and the dahlias from a friend's garden. Considering the budget, I think we did really well.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
More creativity and colour
Thanks for the comments yesterday offering design suggestions- it was great to hear ideas and get some advice from an actual designer! I'm going to take your advice to heart and play around with pillow fabrics to see what works. Thankfully, fabric is pretty cheap and pillow covers are easily replaced.
Labels:
creative
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
They look gorgeous! Great photos too.
P.S. Love seeing your curtains. Seeing something familiar makes me feel like you're not so far away.
Post a Comment