Yesterday over my morning chai tea, I read a great article on the
Huffington Post that I found so inspiring, I had to share.
Last month, the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art opened a surprisingly simple yet ridiculously amazing art installation by 82-year old artist Yayoi Kusama. Kusama constructed the interior of an average home- with every wall, chair, table, piano, and household decoration in a brilliant white, creating a giant white canvas.
 |
| photo courtesy of the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art |
 |
| photo courtesy of the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art |
Over the course of two weeks, children visiting the museum were given thousands upon thousands of colored dot stickers and were invited to be part of creating art, transforming the space into a vibrantly mottled explosion of colour.
 |
| photo courtesy of the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art |
 |
| photo courtesy of Anna |
 |
| photo courtesy of Anna |
How great is this?! While in real life I probably gravitate to the all white spaces, I thought this was fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment