Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bit of Lipstick

A year ago, Jeff and I set out to add some much needed curb appeal to our house. The main part of this project involved tearing out the old entrance steps last fall and building a replacement that was both functional and attractive (see a quick slideshow here). This summer, Jeff has done a great job installing brick terraces at the front gate and the foot of the new stairs (photos to come soon) and with these construction phases complete, we're moving ahead to the last phase of straight beautification.

Jeff and I debated back and forth on the pros and cons of shutters, finally deciding that our house could do with a few shots of pure cosmetic help. The change isn't that dramatic... but I think this little bit of lipstick does make a positive difference.
one window with shutters... and one without 

Except for when this photo was taken, I really WAS holding the ladder!
To compare- the BEFORE

and AFTER (including trim to the unruly cedar tower)

1 comment:

Louise said...

Looks great! And, welcome back to the blogosphere. Missed you!