Friday, October 7, 2011

Being Thankful

The pace of life is pretty monotonous for Jeff and I these days. Today however, we are breaking out of the monotony with some special visits. This morning, I had a great lunch with two friends from school who were passing through Nanaimo. It was so great to reconnect and chat about our thesis projects. As we work through the challenging (and uncertain) terrain of thesis work, it is SO very good to have the support of others facing the same challenges.

This afternoon, I'm getting the house ready for a weekend visit from my brother and sister-in-law (and nephew, who is scheduled to make his debut in about six weeks). We're all headed to Jeff's parents tomorrow night to be part of a crowd of 14 Thanksgiving dinner; I expect we will have a slightly boistrous but very wonderful time. 

Whatever your plans this weekend, we hope you are able to spend time with people you love. We really all do have much to be thankful for. 


No comments: