You might be surprised that my first amazing voice is from the world of musical theatre. I really love musicals and would take a musical over most any opera. As an accompanist, it has always felt to me that opera is all about showcasing voices while musical theatre uses voices to tell a story. And, to me it somehow feels that musicals are more fun, more relateable, more engaging and often, more spectacular. Either way, one of my favourite voices in the musical theatre world is a big one... in a tiny 4'11" blonde spitfire from Oklahoma (the state- not the musical!). Amazing.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
3rd day of Christmas
While I love the sound of collective voices in a choir, there are also solo voices that I love. Each Tuesday, I'm going feature Christmas music sung by a particular voice - a voice I think is amazing.
You might be surprised that my first amazing voice is from the world of musical theatre. I really love musicals and would take a musical over most any opera. As an accompanist, it has always felt to me that opera is all about showcasing voices while musical theatre uses voices to tell a story. And, to me it somehow feels that musicals are more fun, more relateable, more engaging and often, more spectacular. Either way, one of my favourite voices in the musical theatre world is a big one... in a tiny 4'11" blonde spitfire from Oklahoma (the state- not the musical!). Amazing.
You might be surprised that my first amazing voice is from the world of musical theatre. I really love musicals and would take a musical over most any opera. As an accompanist, it has always felt to me that opera is all about showcasing voices while musical theatre uses voices to tell a story. And, to me it somehow feels that musicals are more fun, more relateable, more engaging and often, more spectacular. Either way, one of my favourite voices in the musical theatre world is a big one... in a tiny 4'11" blonde spitfire from Oklahoma (the state- not the musical!). Amazing.
Labels:
Christmas Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment