Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hope and trust

I chose today's piece, Mendelssohn's I waited On the Lord partly for the organ- it's Jeff's birthday tomorrow and he loves pipe organs, especially small Chamber ones like this one. The other reason I chose it is because for me, this pieces captures all I want to say about Valentine's Day (also coming up this week). Jeff and I both waited a long time to find each other- journeys that were often difficult and lonely for both of us. I'm just glad we never gave up and stopped trusting. We feel immeasurably blessed as a result.




I waited for the Lord, He inclined unto me, He heard my complaint.
O bless’d are they that hope and trust in the Lord.
Text by William Bartholomew

Performed by the Master Class of the Paris Academy of Voice
Julien Godawatta, conductor, Iain Simcock, organ
Morgan Colomb, soprano, Laura Jarrell, soprano

No comments: