Monday, March 5, 2012

End of a long road

This sums up how I have felt about graduate school for the past two years... and today at 5:38 AM, I got to add the last line.

From this Etsy Shop

After handing in my last and final paper, I have finished my master's degree.

I have to say... this ending is bitter-sweet. I have so enjoyed being in the graduate school bubble of reading, ideas and discussion- I have loved the challenge of learning and the ways I have been personally challenged to consider and think about how I see the world. I have also made some very close friends in school and it will be sad not interacting with them all several times a week. I will really miss that. 

I'm going to take a few days off to catch up on sleep, watch a movie, and try and get rid of a nasty cold that has plagued me since New Years (seriously). And then... I'm not sure. I'll let you know.

P.S. Happy birthday to my dad and my mum-in-law, who both get to blow out candles and eat cake today. 

4 comments:

Louise said...

Congratulations Stef! Hope you feel better soon.

And, happy birthday to Don and Charlotte!

Linda said...

You amaze me!

Wanda said...

Well done! I knew you could too.

Sand said...

Congratulations! You have been very dedicated. Time for yourself now.