A few years ago, Jeff and I went to Las Vegas. My cousin strongly recommended that we walk through the lobby of the Bellagio Hotel, just to see the ceiling. We did. And I really, really liked it.
Finally, when thinking about what to do with our large bird bath/pond, I keep thinking about these floating glass orbs and onions I saw nearly a decade ago, at the New York Botanical Gardens. I really, really liked them.
These are all the works of Seattle glass artist Dale Chihuly, who does some pretty big and incredible things with glass. As you can tell, I've become a fan. Three of Chihuly's largest, permanent installations are in his hometown of Tacoma, Washington.
Chihuly Garden and Glass at the Seattle Centre
![]() |
| The Sculpture Pacific Sun in the Glass House. Photo by Inside Bainbridge |
![]() |
| Glass display in Exhibition Hall. Photo by Inside Bainbridge |
| Seaform Pavilion ceiling on the Chihuly Bridge of Glass Photo source |
| Poppy Window Photo source |








1 comment:
Love the bright colour and creative shapes.
Post a Comment