One of the final pieces we sang was an old Fanny J. Crosby gospel hymn, "I Am Thine (Draw Me Nearer)". It was completely new to me but I have been unable to get it out of my head and have continued singing it all week. Here is a modern interpretation, very similar to the way we sang it last Sunday.
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Draw us nearer
Last weekend, our church unexpectedly lost a member. While the announcement of this tragedy immediately changed the tone of the service on Sunday, it also brought our congregation together in a much deeper way than I think we have experienced in recent memory. This was due in large part to our music pastor who, completely led by the spirit, led us through an amazing mix of old and new worship songs that brought us together in a profound way.
One of the final pieces we sang was an old Fanny J. Crosby gospel hymn, "I Am Thine (Draw Me Nearer)". It was completely new to me but I have been unable to get it out of my head and have continued singing it all week. Here is a modern interpretation, very similar to the way we sang it last Sunday.
One of the final pieces we sang was an old Fanny J. Crosby gospel hymn, "I Am Thine (Draw Me Nearer)". It was completely new to me but I have been unable to get it out of my head and have continued singing it all week. Here is a modern interpretation, very similar to the way we sang it last Sunday.
Labels:
Music Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment