Sunday, May 23, 2010

New View

The three loyal readers of this humble blog (!) might remember a post from last fall when I talked about the view out my kitchen window. My much dreaded return to dorm life occurred this afternoon when Jeff loaded me, my school stuff, a whole lot of shoes and groceries for the next week into our trusty Echo and headed down the Malahat Highway. It was a tough day and I had a few melt downs along the way. After orientation this evening, I came back to my room and looked out my window (not my kitchen window but my ONLY window!) and replaced the nervous butterflies with a sense of amazement of how lucky I am to be here.Yup- that's a REAL castle and it's where I had my dinner tonight. And right behind it- that's the ocean. I now live ocean front beside a castle. This is real estate I NEVER have a hope of repeating for myself! I'm thinking this three weeks is going to be OK... and that's even before the learning starts.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Yo, are you counting the people who follow your blog through their google reader??

Nice view. Did you get a tour with supper?

Louise said...

I'm with Janelle - following you through my Google reader. Good luck Chica! Have fun and go with the flow. Don't get too stressed with it all.

Stef said...

My goodness- Now I have 5 loyal readers... (!)

I survived day one. It was a close call, but I survived.

Louise said...

Looking forward to the day in this program when you move from surviving to thriving ... it's gonna happen sooner than you think!