Friday, May 28, 2010

School stuff

Since that first view outside my new window, I had great intentions of taking my camera around on a campus tour and sharing my walk past that castle every morning. Alas, my 18 hour days of learning and writing (and more writing, and more writing!) along with a week of rain have postponed that tour for a few days.

While I won't go into all that I've learned about good intentions (TONS on that topic alone!), I will share a video that was used in a lesson about organizational structures. I was inspired how the combination of something untraditional (a flash mob), something traditional (an iconic song and the voice of Julie Andrews) within a simple organizational structure could create something completely joyful and unexpected. Even if you don't see it as a symbol of organizational potential, it's just plain fun to watch.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Awesome! I haven't seen this one yet, but will forward and try to figure out a way to bring it into some of our work. I love the flash mob concept ... and the lessons they have for us for organizational structure (e.g. agree on roles, shared expectations, frame the process, let people act). Thanks for sharing. I hope the learning in those 18 hour days is full and wild and continues to inspire!