Three years ago, a friend introduced me to the idea of natural cleaning products. I was skeptical- could vinegar really clean anything? It took a bit of reading and research to give it a try. I'm now hooked. There is nothing better than cleaning my wood floors and NOT getting a migraine they way I usually did when I used chemical cleaners.
For the most part, we've gone green (floors, windows, kitchen surfaces, everything in the bathroom) but I still use "regular" laundry and dishwasher soap. Until December last year, I also continued using the deliciously scented antibacterial hand soap pumps from Bath & Body Works.
Last fall, we did some research on the antibacterial soap movement and concluded it was no longer for us. (Cue the sad face). Because I like the convenience (and lovely scents) of liquid hand soap, I was determined to come up with a greener alternative that also smelled great. My favourite Canadian online pharmacy put a super sale on Method products in November... so with a few stacked coupons and free shipping, I gave them a try.
The verdict? I still prefer the scents of the Bath & Body Works soap. However, I'm very happy that Method tetra-pack refills are available with low-waste packaging and that on sale (with coupons), I've cut the cost by more than 80%. In all honesty, I don't feel any more or less clean when I wash my hands... which confirms my hunch that antibacterial soap wasn't necessary for us. In an ideal world, I should probably try to make my own hand soap. Since that's not likely to happen, this seems like a good alternative.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment