Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Butchart Gardens Part 1

The day after my graduation, my parents, Jeff and I met up with some long-time family friends at the Butchart Gardens. We had a really wonderful day in the gardens and Jeff and I came home with renewed enthusiasm to continue whacking away at our own wilderness garden (!). There's a great history of these gardens (detailing how Jennie Butchart had the amazing vision to turn her husband's empty quarry pit into the incredible Sunken Gardens seen below) at this link.

The famous view- walking down into the Sunken Gardens
Looking back at the Sunken Garden entrance steps from the middle look-out tower
Columbines in full bloom




Famous fountain at the far end of the Sunken Gardens

2 comments:

Louise said...

Lovely photos, and I really like the new banner photos for the blog!

Stef said...

Thanks! The centre photo and flowers on the right were taken in Victoria; the photo on the left is from Tofino.