Sunday, July 1, 2012

Peace and faith


Yesterday, was a day of two anniversaries- one happy, and one less so. Jeff and I began our Canada Day celebrations last year with an early morning phone call, the kind that is so early it can only mean bad news (click here for a refresher). This year, we're thankful that today is off to a much calmer and more celebratory start...and at a bigger level, we're just plain thankful. 

For the past few weeks, I've been thinking about what music to play today. I've chosen a piece that was actually sung at my parent's wedding, 45 years and 1 day ago. It's a piece I have loved for a long time- a piece that I often listen to when life is no going so well. It's a piece about peace, and about faith. In celebrating family milestones this weekend, it feels like a very fitting soundtrack. 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I'm so glad your dad has seemed to recover so well. Love the music choice. Also, your photography in recent posts is stunning as usual. Love those Himalaya blue poppies!