A year ago today, I was awake all night. When Jeff came into our family room at 6:00 AM to find me still glued to the TV and ask, "Well, so how was it?!" I could not stop telling him about the music. The music from last year's royal wedding was everything we expect from a royal wedding- grand and impressive. But it was also poignant, meaningful, worshipful and personal. And that's why I loved it so very much. The music, along with the the sermon, and the dedication prayer were the absolute highlights for me. Yes- even ahead of the dress and the hats. So, in celebration of Kate and Wills' first anniversary today, here are three glorious pieces of music from their wedding. The first is the processional, Hubert Parry's "I was Glad" sung by the Westminster Abbey and Queen's Guard choirs, and the second is the opening hymn, "Guide Me O, Thou Great Redeemer". The third piece was my favourite, and one I posted back in January. John Rutter was commissioned to write a piece for this occassion, and his setting of Psalm 118:24 was so beautiful that I have posted it here for a second time. If you've heard it before, enjoy it again!
You can watch the entire ceremony here.
1 comment:
I wasn't as dedicated you, so only watched the highlights the next day, so it was nice to hear some of this music that I missed.
Post a Comment