When I think of Passover, can not help humming the South African folk song, "Freedom is Coming". As we celebrate Passover today and continue moving toward Easter on Sunday, I think it's a very fitting tune to sing.
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Toward Easter part 7: Maundy Thursday
Passover begins tomorrow. Until a few years ago, I had no idea what Passover was... and now it is an important part of our Easter weekend celebrations. Passover is actually a Jewish festival that commemorates the story of the Exodus, in which the ancient Israelites were freed from slavery in Egypt. In recent years, Passover has fallen on Easter weekend and I find this reminder of deliverance and God's faithfulness makes a wonderful beginning to celebrating the lows and highs of Easter . Tonight, we're getting together with friends for a Seder Meal, complete with Matzah, the Exodus story and a time of worship and singing.
Labels:
Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE this song. Thanks for bring back memories of high school choir!
Happy Easter!
First comment, and it's grammatically incorrect. Thanks for bringing back memories of choir.
Post a Comment