At The Foot of The Cross by Lee and Susan Dengler
Were You There? arranged and performed by Finish acapella sextet Rajaton
When I Survey The Wondrous Cross by Dan Forrest
(click on any of the song titles to listen to them)
For many years, I sang with the Kitchener Waterloo Philharmonic choir. On Good Friday, we sang either the St. John or St. Matthew Passion, and these pieces made me fall in love with Bach (who previously, had been my great nemesis). This music is not for everyone, but it really is a big part of my Good Friday. I am planning to listen to the entire St. Matthew Passion here and St. John Passion here. Here are two fine excerpts:
Ruht Wohl, final piece of the St. John Passion by Bach, performed by the Bach Collegium of Japan
O Sacred Head Now Wounded, chorale from the St. Matthew Passion, performed by the Choir of King's College, Cambridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment