Wednesday, December 21, 2011
25th day of Christmas
We have already heard the Cambridge Singers during our 36 days of Christmas Music- last week, they were the musicians for Contemporary Friday's Born on a New Day annd we have also heard them perform the Star Carol, Candlelight Carol and Angel's Carol on Rutter Sunday. The Cambridge Singers were created by and are conducted by John Rutter so it makes sense that they perform much of his music. I love this choir and could listen to them all day long- they are technically brilliant but integrate a great deal of emotion and personality into their singing. Their beautiful versions of O Little One Sweet and What is this Lovely Fragrance are two of my favourite choral Christmas pieces, ever. This year, this group released a brand new recording, The Colours of Christmas, and it's just wonderful.
While I can't feature every choir I love this month, I want to highlight one of my favourite North American choirs, Chanticleer. If you haven't already heard this all male choir, I really encourage you to do so: Suo Gan (Welsh Christmas Carol), O Come, O Come Emmanuel, Silent Night (with soloist Dawn Upshaw), A Christmas Carol and In the Bleak Midwinter.
Labels:
Christmas Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment