Chris Tomlin is probably considered more of a contemporary Christian artist than a Gospel artist but I love this version of the advent carol, Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus from his Christmas album. It's not very rehearsed or polished- it's just voices spontaneously singing praise. To me, that's what good Gospel music is all about.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
5th day of Christmas
While much of the music I will feature this month will be fairly classical in nature, Thursdays are going to be all about Gospel. I love Gospel music because it is filled with harmony, energy, and raw emotion. In order to sing gospel, you've got to feel it first. I love that Gospel Music is just about singing along- and most any contribution can fit right in.
Chris Tomlin is probably considered more of a contemporary Christian artist than a Gospel artist but I love this version of the advent carol, Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus from his Christmas album. It's not very rehearsed or polished- it's just voices spontaneously singing praise. To me, that's what good Gospel music is all about.
Chris Tomlin is probably considered more of a contemporary Christian artist than a Gospel artist but I love this version of the advent carol, Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus from his Christmas album. It's not very rehearsed or polished- it's just voices spontaneously singing praise. To me, that's what good Gospel music is all about.
Labels:
Christmas Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thank you for this varied and wonderful collection of Christmas music! It is a truly inspired present for the visitors to your blog.
So glad you are enjoying this! We've had much fun putting it together.
Post a Comment