One of the premiere Baroque Sopranos in the world these days, Karina's voice is a perfect blend of light, agile clarity and lustrous warmth. She also has a vivacious personality that in performance, makes her just riveting. I never saw her put on any of the airs that some stars do- after concerts, she usually asked to tag along with choir members for our traditional post-concert pub visit. I always thought she had an elegant grace and a deliciously mischievous sense of humour. And, an amazing voice.
Since this is the last instalment in "Amazing Voices Tuesday", I had to also include my other favourite soprano (and one who needs no introduction), Renee Fleming. I could go on and on about her incredible voice, musicianship and out-of-this-world interpretive abilities... but these all speak for themselves when you see her in performance.

1 comment:
Stefanie, thank you for your Christmas email. And thank you for this gift of beautiful Christmas music here. I'm devouring your recommendations all in one sitting, flipping back and forth between iTunes and You Tube... :) You take wonderful photos and it has been a treat to peek into your past year. All the best to you and Jeff in 2012!
Post a Comment